Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 February 2012

Block

I've started this blog three times tonight and, so far, I've not found a satisfying beginning.

In fact, I've not yet decided on a good subject.

Usually, before I sit down with Annie, the WTB's Mac (chalk up another name for the list), I've got something in my mind that I will write about.

Whether it's Monty, a wedding doodah or something particularly odd that's happened, I usually can muster something for my fingers to dance over.

I sit and type, never really knowing how it's going to go or where I'll end up.

But today? Nada. It's a slow news day in my brain.

I assume this is a kind of 'writer's block' but, as I'm still writing I assume I have something to write about.

Tomorrow, I hope this will be better. It's Valentine's, as you probably know, and I've got a day off, which you probably didn't know. The WTB and I have something planned. We're off to the theatre. It's not a taxing piece we're seeing so my mind can relax, unwind and have a giggle. 

I think the last few weeks have caught up with my noggin. It's slacking a bit and I'm in danger of falling back into bad habits. I could kill a beer, an ale, something sweet or all three.

Instead, I'm going to look at this keyboard and hope something better comes out from my fingertips tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So, someone you dont know is reading this blog.

    As I think you are a journalist, it shouldnt be too hard for you to figure out my identity, but go ahead if you are up for the task. What I wanted to ask for is the recipe for the soup youve been having, and it would be nice with maybe a picture of it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah hello! I've seen your blog profile. Thanks for reading mine.

      Still blows my tiny mind that people read this, let alone people I don't know.

      Ok, the CSD. The best link I can suggest is http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/

      I will post a pic some time soon

      Thanks again

      Delete